“The best about being the musician is that you get to experience that magical atmosphere…. created between the music, you and the audience…” Boris Giltburg
- Who: 26-year-old Russian residing in Israel
- First teacher: mother
- Debut: age seven
- Hobbies: languages and computer programming
- Biggest inspiration: “classical music in its entirety – I learn and experience a lot by listening to the huge amount of works that exist in musical literature…”
- Listening to: “I’m a heavy classical music fan – late Shostakovich Quartets, that type of thing. I like also opera and baroque music and of course jazz, which I unfortunately cannot play.”
- Boris’s Facebook ‘likes’: Rainer Maria Rilke, Artur Rubenstein, Sviatoslav Richter, Grigory Sokolov (some of whom he counts among his inspirations).
- Boris Giltburg makes his Vancouver debut at the Vancouver Playhouse on Sunday, September 25.
Call the Vancouver Recital Society box office this week to reserve your tickets and you will receive a special 15% discount: 604-602-0363.
(sources: tokafi.com, Facebook, philharmonia.uk.co)